Sunday, November 09, 2008

Well, well, well. I'm sure no one reads this blog anymore, but I find it helpful to track my progress. What is going on with me?

I've consistently kept my earnings at around $3500.00 since about May of this year and I have stalled there. I have made minor attempts at new sites but it still comes down to about the same 8 sites. ...I should probably say 6 sites since two are very neglected and don't make any money. I got a "day job" in May and that along with the freelance work I do (web design and programming) I found it hard to keep up with all my sites and have started outsourcing the content. You can say all you want about outsourcing, but outsourcers never ever will have the passion and interest that I do in the subject. I think that working with outsourcers will let me maintain the level of my sites but I doubt they will have the ability to grow them into great sites. I still keep up my main money site and do NOT outsource the content for that site. My second biggest money earner site is more of a website than a blog and it rarely gets updated and it brings in a good adsense and affiliate based income. It has a blog that I rarely post to ..and up until recently had a forum. But the spammers beat me down with the forum and I had no interest in spending my time deleting their stupid posts.

My goal now is to create some new sites and beef up my income. I figure if I can make $10,000.00 -$12,000.00 a month that will be enough to support myself and my husband. (I live in Southern California and it is NOT cheap!! ...and I am not interested in scaling down my lifestyle by much!!) I would like to ditch the day job, but I enjoy it (I'm lucky, I know) so there is no rush.

In a future post, I'll talk about some of the ways I've been experimenting lately to get traffic and go over some of the new sites I build.

4 comments:

EastPAWZ said...

hi, from Rhode Island ... i see you are into making money as an affiliate too. You are doing lie 3k times better than i am lol. I make enough a year to buy maybe 1 video game ( on sale )... lol cool blog

EastPAWZ said...

oh my webisite is http://uspiggybank.com

Jennifer said...

It sounds like we're in exactly the same boat :)

I'm stuck at around the same amount for each month and I'm trying to ramp it up as well - I'm also still at my job, and I like it, but I'm about ready to be working on my own - maybe we can trade links somewhere or brainstorm sometime - write me if you want to - jenn.lea.hall@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi,

I saw your post, you give a good information on making money as an affiliate.
______________
Repair Credit Score | Bad Credit Repair Advice