Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tons to update

Well, as you may have guessed, I dropped out of the 30 day challenge. Finding a good niche to work kept tripping me up. Then I fell behind and let myself give up.

I have lots going on at the moment and am glad for what I learned in the challenge and someday may go back to it. But want to focus on what is in front of me at the moment.

I had my one year anniversary july 31 of putting up my first blog. Pretty exciting!! I've come a long way! I sometimes want to get down on myself for it not happening faster ...but it is what it is.
This month I finally hit the $100.00 goal in google. I made about $85.00 in text ads and $260 in blogads and $160.00 in affiliate sales. I'm pretty happy. I now have seven sites.

The month of June I focused on posting more to my blogs and increasing traffic. I fell off that a bit this month and traffic on some of my blogs suffered. Posting more works! It is time consuming though!!

I'll post more of an update on the weekend...but this is a busy time for me at my day job and I have a ton of freelance web work...so hopefully I'll have some time to dig in and work on my sites.

Caution ...the software on one of my wordpress blogs at my day job was not up to date and we got this wierd hacked/virus wierdness that had to be removed. (javascript gets written on the php pages) anyway ...update wordpress if you haven't already!
there is a plugin that will back up your database and the whole process is pretty easy. I should know, ive done 10 upgrades already

No comments: