Sunday, January 27, 2008

update

Well, adsense income is still about 50% higher than pre holiday traffic. I was stuck at aprox. $30.00 a day average for about 5 months and after a banner month last month, it has now settled back to aprox. $47.00 a day. I always worry about relying so heavily on adsense.

My traffic building strategies are working. I've found a few good places to advertise the contests that I am running on my one blog (only 2 more weeks to go with the contests!) which brings in quite a bit of traffic. I also offer additional entries if a blogger links to my site and I would say that I am getting about 5 new links a week from that. I will be happy when the contests are over, however, because I find it disruptive to the flow of my posting ...but we'll see.

On my wedding site, I am working on optimizing my SEO efforts. I think it is helping and traffic seems to be increasing ...or is this the natural time for increase in the wedding industry? Not sure. I am pushing an affiliate product on this site quite heavily. I make between 10.00 and 20.00 for each sale. This month I've had four sales so far; last month, I had 2 sales; and two months ago I had 1 sale.
Goal: I'm going to try to get 10 sales of this product in February. What I've done so far is: I tried the product and I wrote a review article about the product on my site. Before this month is out, I'm going to do a little video on the product and see if that will help. I also hired a writer and got 15 articles written for this site. The articles ($4.75 each) aren't really all that great and I *may* create a feeder site with them rather than put them on this site.

Other stuff: I still haven't done diddley with my travel site ...why do I have such a block on this site???? I bought a few books off of amazon in the subject hoping to motivate me ...so far, the books sit on my desk and mock me.

I also need to pay attention to my main money site ...I have neglected it a bit lately and haven't been posting as much. One thing that I've seen over and over in my network of blogs is that posting frequently and regularly helps on every level!! It is hard to be steady and consistent and it is so easy to come up with excuses to blow off posting ...but I know deep down in my heart that that is one of the main tenets of success in this crazy online world.

I've had quite a bit of web dev freelance work lately, but I've also been looking for a full time job with benefits. In the meantime, I am trying to make this time of working from home as productive as possible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.

Unknown said...

Caachi Films (http://www.caachi.com) is inviting you to download for free: "A (anonymous)" and "Inside Iraq: The Untold Stories". If you like the films, please let your website users know about them and consider joining our Affiliate Program (see the link below), which provides 20% commissions.

To download your films, contact us at films@caachi.com, and we'll send you film tickets and instructions to download the films. By the way, here's the original message we wanted to send to you (but could not because we didn't have your email):

http://stream.caachi.com/~caachi/mailings/affiliate/2008_05_10_marketing.html

Best,
Tom and the Caachi crew